Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Funky Pumpkin Sculptures

I did this wonderful paper pumpkin with my 4th, 5th, and 6th grade. This was one of the craft choices they could create for our Fall Fest Craft bazar. We go over line and color use. How can these elements be used to create a eye catching pumpkin. I think they were successful at creating very distinct eye catching pumpkins.

Step 1: decorate 3 pieces of construction paper. Paint, oil pastel, crayon anything will work. My students liked using metallic watercolor and oil pastels. This is done with any size of paper I have the students create several sizes.

Step 2: tear or wavy cut into strips.

Step 3: Hole punch both ends.

Step 4: make a knot in a chenille wire and thread one hole punched side of the paper designed side down.

Step 5: loop the other side up and thread chenille wire through the other holes. Attach a bead to the top of the pumpkin.

Options: make leaves and create tendrils

No comments: