Thursday, March 1, 2012

NAEA convention

 

OK when I usually go to a convention I get pens, sticky pads and maybe a stress ball. But every time I turned around they gave you samples of art materials, lesson plans, or had a make and take table.

Look at al of this:

SAM_0096

Here are a few pictures from the conventions:

SAM_0021

SAM_0034

Artist Wyland who creates underwater paintings of whales and more talked about how art education is a core curriculum in school. SAM_0035SAM_0036

SAM_0037SAM_0038

SAM_0040Love this display about Egyptian art

SAM_0041

SAM_0043 you know my grandfather use to be a house painter and he used roller like this to create wall art like wall paper. I still have the set of these that has the same designs from the 50’s just thought it was interesting that it is coming back into art.

SAM_0044created all by model magic!. While at the crayola exhibit I loved using the window markers they had mirror board that you looked into and traced your face to create a self portrait. I tested out the dry erase crayons which I really liked it worked just like a regular crayon but can be erased from the white board. A new item not out yet is a fabric gel marker that can be used on dark fabric.

No comments: